Welcome to Year Five
Reading Books need to be returned to school and changed on Wednesdays. Please sign the reading diary to say that you have listened to your child read. Children need to have their reading books in their bags daily so that we can listen to individual readers.
PE Days: PE will take place on Thursday (swimming) and Friday (football). Football will be outdoors, weather permitting.
Pupils must come to school wearing school PE kit on these days.
Please remember that PE kit is as follows:
- black shorts
- white t-shirt
- plain black tracksuit
- black jogging bottoms/leggings
- Plain black sweatshirt/jacket
- One piece swimming costume for girls and no baggy swimming shorts for boys (black or navy blue).
- PE Kits should have no logos on and must be named
Homework: Children will be set half termly research tasks in line with current topics.
In Year 5 children are expected to:
- Read 3 times a week to a parent and complete their online Reading Plus or Lexia work.
- Practise their arithmetic/number bonds/times tables 3 times a week. Pupils have access to Times table Rock stars to support them in their learning.
- Practise their spellings on Ed Shed 3 times a week. Spellings will be tested weekly on a Thursday, using Ed Shed and set for the following week on the same day. Spellings will be tested weekly on a Thursday.
Class Curriculum Maps
Trips and Enhancements
We really appreciate your ongoing support and if you have any queries please do not hesitate to contact us.